If you’re looking to join a practice where the art and heart of midwifery is supported and cherished, look no further. Lifecycle WomanCare proudly offers competitive salaries, medical insurance, generous vacation, and other benefits. LWC is located in Bryn Mawr, a beautiful suburb of Philadelphia with an easy commute to major universities and cultural attractions. For more information on positions currently open at LWC, please see the listings below. No phone calls please.
OVERVIEW: Staff Nurses are a critical part of our healthcare team. Their responsibilities include nursing functions during labor and delivery and the postpartum period; client education programs; and home visits and related services to Lifecycle WomanCare (LWC) families.
We will consider Part-time and Full-time candidates. Excellent benefits package provided.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION:
1. Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in Pennsylvania.
2. Current CPR certification.
3. Current neonatal resuscitation certification.
4. Supports natural birth and empowerment of mothers and families.
5. Driver’s license and availability of insured car.
6. Committed to positive, energetic, team-based approach, as well as a strong sense of compassion and humor a plus!
7. Previous experience in L&D or with Mom/Baby care preferred
1. Perform functions of Registered Nurse at labor and birth, assisting Certified Nurse Midwives.
2. Provide postpartum care to mother and baby according to LWC protocols.
3. Consult with Pediatrician and CNM as needed.
4. Provide home visit teaching and assessment to postpartum families according to LWC protocols.
5. Perform non-stress tests and other therapies and procedures as directed by CNM.
6. Assist physician in circumcisions.
7. Participate in client education programs of Lifecycle WomanCare.
8. Maintain accurate medical records and participate in Quality Assurance functions.
ABOUT LIFECYCLE WOMANCARE:
Join a practice where the art and heart of midwifery and nursing is supported and cherished. Lifecycle WomanCare (formerly known as The Birth Center) is a 501(c) 3 organization, and has been providing exceptional healthcare services for women of all ages, regardless of income, since 1978. We were the first licensed independent birth center in Pennsylvania and are one of the oldest continually-operating birth centers in the United States. LWC seeks to transform clients’ experience with and expectations for their healthcare, by providing personalized care that strengthens each person’s capacity to be an active participant in their healthcare decision-making. LWC has also been a strong advocate for health policy and practices that advance care for all.
• TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and a cover letter, as well as three references, to Elena Comber, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lifecycle WomanCare does not discriminate on account of a person’s sex, pregnancy, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, immigrant status, military status, veteran’s status, disability, handicap, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic partner or civil union status, or membership in any other protected group.
Our ClinTech position is at the very foundation of our ability to function everyday. They keep our facility stocked, clean, safe and ready for clients at all times. This job takes dedication, organization, attention to detail, grit, flexibility and commitment to our mission of providing the best care possible for our families. The ClinTechs are entrusted with managing clinical supplies, instrument sterilization, Quality Assurance tasks and Birth Suite reprocessing.
Thorough on-site training will be provided. Experience working in clinical setting or housekeeping preferred but not required. Benefits available.
Can you help the midwives and nurses continue to serve our families everyday? Join our family, be a part of this good work everyday. Be the difference.
Please send your resume and expression of interest to CBrown@lifecyclewomancare.org. No phone calls please.